Sunday, November 26, 2017

Specific Needs & Estimated Costs

Your donations will help cover things not covered by Medicaid, including:

Consistent, monthly doctor consults:
Dr. R's initial consultation fee: $210

w/twice-monthly (for 3 months), then monthly follow-ups: $90-180
Plus any prescribed tests, drugs or supplements not covered by Medicaid. 
One of the tests he finds very helpful is the Organic Acids Test ($299.00)

Supplements (from $8.19-$29.00) that are helping like:
B12 (Adenosylcobalamin/Hydroxycobalamin)

Co-Enzyme Q10
Branched-Chain Amino Acids
Folinic (not folic) acid
Niacin/Niacinamide
L-Carnitine
Pancreatin
Omega-3 DHA
Lactoferrin

And specific individual strains of high-dose probiotics based on test results.
(These are very important -- est. $150-200/month)
I'll write more about why in future posts.


Compounded Nystatin:  $40 for one week's course, x 8 weeks.

And because I live 100 feet from a highway, I need a medical-grade air purifier ($366.03) along with replacement filters ($167.60). I'll be writing a future post about how I accidentally discovered how much pollution and soot was coming into my apartment, complete with shocking pictures that you'll really have to see to believe. 

And since I've lost so much muscle in my feet, I really need a pair of good slippers with arch supports. This brand is a little pricey, but has great, great reviews on Amazon.


Note: If you'd like to have your donation applied towards a specific need* -- say for example, towards doctor visits and/or follow-ups -- or pay for an item or items directly, please feel free to let me know by filling out the 'Contact Form' on lower right-hand side of the blog.

No comments: